Guest blogging is a great and powerful way of building your reputation, reaching new audiences, and positioning yourself as an expert. Here we outline in greater detail the benefits that guest blogging can have for you, when done right.
1. High-Quality Backlinks (Good for SEO)
What we must stress is the high quality bit. Some blogs do not screen their submissions, and your affiliation with them can come back to bite you in the search rankings. However, posting on a related site that has value for its readers will give you a boost.
2. Increasing Awareness and Exposure
One of the most obvious benefits, yet one of the best. Your post gets an entirely new audience! Provided you’ve chosen wisely, the audience of the host site can relate to the information you are presenting, and will become aware of your expertise.
3. Building Your Reputation
Credibility is a highly important factor when people are looking for a product or service, so it’s important to be seen as an authority in your field. People want to know that you have an excellent grasp of your niche, and that your finger is on the pulse. Reaching out and writing guest posts positions you as someone who is active in their area of expertise, shows passion, and can win you followers.
- While posting on reputable sites is good for your SEO, you mustn’t approach guest blogging just as a link-building tactic. Google’s hip to that jive, and knows how to weed out the link farmers.
- Be discerning of who you reach out to. Make sure it’s a blog that has quality content that directly relates to something you have experience with.
- Don’t post content you’ve already posted elsewhere. Search engines can detect new content vs. re-purposed content and will rank accordingly.
- Provide high-quality content that offers tangible takeaways to the reader. Before submitting an article, always ask yourself, “how will the reader benefit from this?”
- Ask the host site about their audience. Find out which of their posts have had the most traction and use that to guide you.
We want to hear your ideas! If you’re interested in writing a guest post for our blog, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us the title of your proposed post, as well as a few bullet points outlining the topic. Once we’ve accepted your idea, please send us the post in a Word document, and attach any images you want to include as part of the post. Please note: the post may be edited for grammar, clarity, etc.
Your post must relate to at least one of the following topics:
- Social Responsibility
- Social Media
- Healthy Living
You don’t have to be an expert in these categories. We want to hear about your challenges, learning curves and even how these things impact your business and lifestyle. For more information, get in touch!