1. You read the “Beefs & Bouquets.” Every week.
2. You own a pair of Keens, Blundstones, and Bogs.
3. You know who “jean jacket, walker guy” is.
4. You’ve bought at least one blue and white River Raft from Canadian Tire.
5. Burger Night at the Wave is a big event.
6. A trip to the big city for serious shopping means going to Nanaimo.
7. A trip to the really big city for some culture means going to Victoria.
8. You don’t scoff at the names of Goose Spit and Air Force Beach.
9. You don’t tell anyone how nice it really is here for fear that they’ll move here.
10. You need a really good reason to make the drive “all the way” from Courtenay to Cumberland or Comox, yet you don’t think twice about driving up to Mt. Washington.
11. You wonder if folks in big cities pay the same to see the real Neil Diamond as we do to see an impersonator.
12. You think traffic on 5th street is almost as bad as rush hour in Vancouver.
13. You either own a Delica or know at least three people do.
Have some more ideas to add to this list? Send us an email with your Comox Valleyism!